1. SOME INFORMATION ABOUT CANADA
• Canada is the second largest country in the world after Russia. The country is divided into 14 provinces. The state of Nunavut in Northern Canada was just build for the Inuit population.
Did you know that the number plate for cars, motorbikes and snowmobiles in the Northern State of Nunavut is the shape of a polar bear?
• Canada has got three islands in the top ten biggest islands in the world. They are: Baffin Islands which is more than double the size of Great Brittain and Victoria Island and Ellesmere Island which are roughly the size of England.
• The country also has two of the biggest lakes in the world: Great Bear Lake and Great Slave Lake.
• Canada's three biggest cities are Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver.
Did you know, that Montreal, Canada's second biggest city after Toronto, is also the second biggest city in the world with a French speaking population after Paris?
Canada is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. There are many attractions for Canada visitors and kids will love to explore the amazing Nature and Wildlife. But also the cities have lots to offer to families travelling with kids.
Here are our favorite Canada attractions for kids:
• Niagara Falls: One of Canada's biggest tourist attractions, they were formed in the last Ice Age.
• Toronto: The CN Tower and the Roger's Center are great attractions in this city at the shores of Lake Ontario. Roger's Center is a huge stadium with the world's first retractable roof.
• Quebec City: The Old Town was founded in 1608. Great to see the Frontenac castle buildings from the 18th and 19th century.
• Vancouver: in the West of the country is great for outdoor sports.
Did you know that the last Winter Olympics in 2010 took place in Vancouver?
Nature and geography:
• The Bay of Fundi in the East of Canada has the highest tides in the world. The waves there are more than thirteen metres high.
• Hudson Bay was discovered by Henry Hudson in 1610.
• In the Wood Buffalo National Park there are several animal species that are under the threat of extinction. You can go on great canoe trips in the parks.
• Jasper Nationalpark spans over several vegetation zones in the Rocky Mountains.
2. LISTEN TO A STORY: "A DAY IN ARCTIC BAY"
For Easter games, go to 6th level. Have fun!!!
El día 1 de abril los/as alumnos/as de 4º, 5º y 6º de Primaria vamos a realizar una salida a la Casa de la Cultura para ver una obra de teatro en inglés (play). El año pasado también hicimos esta actividad y nos gustó mucho. ¡¡Así que vamos a repetir la experiencia!!
Esta vez la obra de teatro es: "The Legend of King Arthur" (la leyenda del Rey Arturo):
The year is 726 and England is desperately seeking a new leader. Arthur becomes King when he takes the mythical sword Excalibur from it's stone. From here on in he will have to confront Morgan Le Fay (his half sister) who wants to strip him of his power. At the same time Gwynevere, Arthur's new wife, knows where to find the famous Holy Grail that brings eternal liife to whoever drinks from it. Morgan kdnaps Gwynevere and takes her to her cave to get the information from her.. Arthur, his knights (some fortunate mebers of the audience) and Merlin the magician begin a desperate search for Gwynevere and the Grail. Join us on this hilarious adventure to find out who gets there first!
We are going to do a project about Andalusian monuments to celebrate Andalusia Day in the English class.Andalusia
* Do you want to see your friends' projects?
|File Size: ||3174 kb|
|File Type: || docx|
* Telling the time:
* Vocabulary games:
My classroom: Listen and look for the school objects.
School: Different games to practise vocabulary
Food: talking my plate. Chef Solus is excited to tell you what he has learned about the new My Plate!
Food: talking food pyramid
Memory game: matching meals
Food jigsaw puzzle
Si pincháis en DOWNLOAD FILE, en color verde, se os descargará un documento donde se os explica el trabajo para hoy. Leed bien las instrucciones, por favor.
Listen and write (vocabulary).
Choose the correct word.
Listen to the story:
THERE IS /ARE:
Aquí podéis encontrar una explicación de las estructuras "there is/are"
: cuál es la diferencia, cuándo usamos cada una, etc.
A Christmas carol:
If you want to play, go to 6th level.